ACCION USA, Opportunity Fund, and Kiva bring you the Microfinance USA 2011 Conference this May 23-24 in New York City!
Are you a student interested in local economic development? Are you passionate about being part of the growing microfinance movement in the U.S. – and interested in learning from industry experts about the impact you can make? If so, this conference is not to be missed. Microfinance USA provides a unique setting for networking and learning from the industry’s top practitioners, funders, and researchers.
Topics that will be discussed at this year’s conference include:
- What does “Microfinance” mean? – debating and defining our terminology
- Impact of microlending in the U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship and Microfinance
- Promise and Peral of Microfinance Impact Evaluations
Over two days, you can:
- Network with leading practitioners and researchers in the U.S. microfinance field
- Attend plenary sessions and panels led by the nation’s leading microfinance voices.
- Deepen your understanding of the challenges facing Microfinance Institutions through case-study analysis.
- Experience microfinance first-hand by touring local microenterprises in New York.
- Debate current microfinance topics during small group sessions and networking dinners.
- Discover how students LIKE YOU are impacting the domestic microenterprise industry in remarkable ways
- Collaborate with student microfinance clubs and young professionals across the country
For More Information please visit the website:
Student Price: $75